Thursday, September 5, 2013

Makeup setting sprays NYX vs. Urban Decay


I had fallen in love with the Urban Decay Setting sprays in 2010 when I went on a Vegas trip and needed something to make my makeup stay on while partying in hot, humid clubs and walking around in 100 degree weather. I swear, I sweated all night long and passed out with my makeup on and woke up with a perfect face still on me. That was the last time I partied like that but not the last time I used that spray.

If I want my makeup to stay on me I will do a couple sprays and go about my day. There is very little color transfer when I rub my face, and when I get home from work, all that is required is a small touch up around my nose area and go out for the evening. But the one drawback of using this product is the price, at 29 for 4oz. dollars a pop it can get pricey. There is a travel size option for $14 dollars and it is only one ounce.

So I have been on a search for something a little more affordable to stand in and give the old girl a break every once in awhile and I stumbled upon The NYX makeup setting spray and decided to give it a try. I had the choice between the matte finish or the dewy finish and decided that for my skin type I should get the matte formula because my t-zone can get pretty oily. The price for this is $8 for 2oz. and you can easily get the same amount of a full size urban decay for only $16.

I recently used it during an especially hot Saturday night and little did I know I'd be walking a marathon and breaking a sweat, more than anticipated. So I was wiping my forehead, and trying to get rid of any shininess from our impromptu bar crawl because I worked pretty darn hard to get my skin  to look perfect and flawless. Well, by the end of the night my feet were so sore and my consolation prize was *perfect looking makeup*. Well, I was one happy camper but this time I didn't leave my makeup on overnight...NOT! I still have not learned my lesson ladies. That, and I couldn't find my makeup wipes. So I woke up with perfect makeup as well.

I learned two lessons that night, this stuff lasts just like my Urban Decay but for a lot less $$. I plan to use this for day wear at work because I don't waste my good makeup on them, let alone my good setting spray.  If you are looking for something that will make your makeup stay on, this will do the trick but at a cheaper price. If you're looking for something that doesn't make you sweat while you work out then I really don't think you will find anything and you should stop fighting nature. The other lesson of the story is, i should put my makeup remover wipes on the counter so I don't end up sleeping in my makeup ever again.

Hopefully you all enjoyed my review and comparison and I feel for my skin type it is a dupe. You may or may not agree and if you haven't given it a try maybe you should. For half the price of Urban Decay I got something that works just as well. Once I use up this product I will let you all know if i think if it requires a repurchase in a future empties post. Until then, stay beautiful!

7 comments:

  1. Hvae found your blog via twitter, some lovely beauty tips here :). So have followed you on bloglovin and google+

    http://emmalschwarz.blogspot.co.uk/

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,loving on your blog too. I cant wait to see more :D

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to get the Urban Decay make up setting spray for a while now but maybe I should shop around! Wish we had NYX here in the UK!

    Ex | Rare Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love both of these sprays and the only other one I have tried was the E.L.F. brand and that one was horrible. If I see any other ones I would probably give it a try.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I've nominated you for a Liebster Award at http://notanotherproduct.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tested the Urban Decay and NYX setting sprays too, but i'll pay a little more for the Urban one since it's made in the US. I'm careful with NYX since it's made in chinese factories and with my sensitive skin I don't risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, this setting spray has completely changed the way my makeup looks and stays on. I usually apply my makeup around 7:00 each morning. Prior to using this combination, my makeup would look terrible by 1:00. Ever since I started using the primer with this setting spray, my makeup will stay on well until 9:00 or 10:00 at night without coming off or looking bad. I've even slept in my makeup before (don't judge! haha) and woke up the next day with my foundation still in tact... http://deadseaproductstore.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!