Sunday, October 27, 2013

Nicel Daily repair Vitamin A and Retinol Cream (Review)


I found this product while cruising around the dollar store and as I am always on the lookout for good and inexpensive creams and for a dollar, I thought what is the worst that can happen? I had just finished my holy grail jar of day cream and decided to give this a whirl. 

The cream is very thick and moisturizing and has a very soft floral scent to it. I find that it is very moisturizing and has a non greasy feel on the skin but is a little too heavy to wear on my face. As it does not have any SPF I do not recommend using this as a stand alone and definitely needs to be layered with a light moisturizer with SPF. Under my sunscreen it felt way to heavy and I felt it just got that weird heavy lotion feeling that I usually get at the end of a hot summer day almost like you can feel the layer sitting there on your skin waiting to be removed. Not wanting the stuff to go to waste I have been applying it on my neck and chest because it doesn't have the heavy feeling lingering all day long. I think it is perfect for that use because my neck always seems to feel dry no matter how much lotion I put on. 

So unless you have super dry skin I do not recommend this for the face during the day because not only is it heavy but also because the heaviness makes it impossible to layer with a lotion that does contain SPF. Yes, I am serious about moisturizing before I moisturize. I realize it does sound redundant and maybe unnecessary but I do feel that for my skin it is necessary to be proactive about keeping my skin looking fresh and young. Now that I think of it I don't think I have tried this as a night face cream and since I currently do not have one in  my skin care routine I might try it out for that purpose as well. 

Have you found any great dollar store beauty products lately? I know we all are suckers for great deals and at $1 for 2oz of product that does moisturize well is a real steal. I you have any recommendations for me I would be more than happy to take them. 


2 comments:

  1. vitamin a retinol-Visit eantiagingcream.com for best hand cream for dry hands & intensive hand cream- hand creams. Several purchase ready options of Anti-Aging Creams, Anti-Wrinkle Creams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vitamin a retinol-Buy Homemade Vitamin C Serum, Vitamin C Serum Recipe & Vitamin A Retinol at EantiAgingCream.com. We are #1 source for Homemade Vitamin C Serum and Vitamin A Retinol

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!