Saturday, November 22, 2014

La Neige Bright Renew Original Serum Review


Lately I have been obsessed with making my skin look good. I have always had problem skin prone to being oily and acne prone. As I have gotten older the oily part went away but it didn't take the acne with it. Most of the time its hormonal acne and I get one huge honker of a pimple somewhere. On top of that I am trying to be proactive about taking care of my skin and using anti aging products now before I really really need them. I decided to look into getting a serum to add into my routine and this LaNiege Bright Renew Serum was the first one I bought. 


I bought this because I really do like trying Korean skincare products or pretty much any Asian skin care product for that matter. This one promised to brighten my skin and when I tried the tester on the back of my hand I was really impressed with how lightweight it was. I really like to layer my products so having good stuff in it and being lightweight is essential to my game plan. As I do have some (mostly) hormonal acne I get a large pimple or two and maybe those small little whitehead looking pimples. Those baby pimples really are the devil. But I scar very easily and no matter how careful I am to not pick at my acne, I do and I end up with acne scars that eventually go away but as soon as one leaves, a new one is there to laugh at me in the face. So anything that helps lighten and brighten my face and fade my scars goes home with me. 


What I did notice about this product is that I really liked it from the start, except for the light scent. I'm not into scents too much as it can cause irritation in some people. The scent/perfume didn't irritate my skin but I know someone out there might be affected by it. I did like the scent though, it smelled like clean soap and cotton and wasn't too offensive. I will say that I eventually plateaued with this and put it in the back of my pile of skin care. I decided to give this a try again maybe a month or two later but this time I had started using a my Sea Breeze toner which I talk about here. This with a toner worked even better for me then before and pretty soon my bottle was empty. 

I will say even though I liked this product and eventually got it to do what I needed it to do with the help of other products, I think I will try even more serums. I'm not ready to settle down just yet and this is really only the beginning with serums. At $45 for a bottle of this I want it to work and work well all the time. So yes its's good but I feel that there my be better out there or at least I hope there is better. I have just purchased another product from this line, the BB cushion and am just testing it out to see how I like it and I might look into using the emulsion that they have. I'll let you know about the BB cushion and if I do get my hands on the emulsion I will let you know how that goes as well! 

XOX 
Veritypretty 



*This product was bought by me with my own hard earned cash monies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, tell me what's on your mind!